This is to inform you that the GUEST PASSES for the 6th annual convocation to be held at the Al Thuraya Ball Room, Crowne Plaza, Deira – Dubai (click here for Location Map) are ready and you are required to collect the same (only if prior request has been made) from the university in person as per the below details.
COLLECTION VENUE : Circulation Counter, Library
DATES & TIME: 14.10.2012 to 17.10.2012 (Sunday to Wednesday) between 08.30 AM to 09.00 PM & on 18.10.2012 (Thursday) between 08.30 AM to 03.30 PM
You are advised to go through the following guidelines & adhere strictly to the same to make this important event a successful one.
- Please note that children below the age of 12 will not be allowed under any circumstance.
- Guests will be admitted only on production of the numbered passes at the entrance and no exception will be made.
- The graduating students are required to report at 8 am on 20th October, Saturday, at the Crowne Plaza, Deira - Dubai and follow the signs to reach the registration arena. Please remember, your contact with your family after this point will only be at the end of the event.
- Pay a deposit of DHS. 200 (refundable) at the registration desk and collect your academic regalia.
- Wear the regalia correctly (instructions for wearing is enclosed therein) and report to the ushers inside the Auditorium.
- Be seated in the seat assigned with your name on time.
- Stand to attention during the National Anthem and remain standing for the procession till all the dignitaries are seated on the dais.
- Line up to receive your respective Degrees.
- After receiving the award, please return to your assigned seat.
- Remain seated and stand up when the dignitaries leave the dais and the auditorium at the end of the ceremony.
- Please make sure that regalia is returned at specific counters to collect your refund of the deposit.
- Please proceed for lunch immediately thereafter.
- Parking is available at the venue and it is on a ‘first come’ basis. Kindly ensure you arrive on time to avail of convenient parking.
Some key issues
- Your cell phone must be switched off. You don’t graduate everyday.
- Once seated, any requests for using the wash room or water will not be entertained. No movement will be allowed during the ceremony.
- Entry doors to the venue will be shut at 9.30 am
- Photography during the ceremony will not be allowed. However, a CD with the photographs will be given to you (free of cost) a week after the event.
Click here to join our Facebook event page for updates.